Get this week started off on the right foot with some stress-free meals! After work or a long weekend, it’s nice to come home and relax. These recipes let you do just that!
- 1 medium medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups chicken sausage, sliced into coins
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 ¼ tablespoons creole seasoning, divided
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups tomato, diced
- 4 cups rice, cooked, we used brown rice
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- n a large baking sheet, arrange the onion, bell peppers, and chicken sausage. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, or to taste. Using your hands, mix everything together well.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until chicken sausage begins to brown.
- While the vegetables and chicken sausage are cooking, place the shrimp in a small bowl. Season with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning and ½ teaspoon paprika. Stir to coat.
- Remove the vegetables and sausage from the oven, and add the seasoned shrimp and diced tomatoes. Mix everything together.
- Return everything to the oven for 6 minutes, or until the shrimp is just done.
- Remove from the oven and add the cooked rice, mixing everything together well.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve immediately.
For all the tasty stress-free recipes, make sure to watch the video below!