With fathers day right around the corner, what better way to show your appreciation for all the things the fathers in our life do other than cooking a nice steak dinner to enjoy while relaxing at home! Tasty has come up with 7 easy recipes.
Rib Eye Steak With Garlic Butter
- 1 1½-pound rib eye steak, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bunches rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Season the steak with salt and pepper
- Place on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet or stainless steel pan over high heat until smoking. Sear the steak on one side for 30 seconds, then flip. Immediately add the butter, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, swirling the pan to melt the butter quickly.
- Place the herbs and garlic on top of the steak, and push the steak towards the top of the pan. Tilt the pan towards you to pool the butter near the bottom. Using a spoon, continuously scoop the butter over the top of the steak for about 30-45 seconds.
- To test the doneness of your steak, lightly press the tip of your left index finger to the tip of your left thumb. The fleshy area below the thumb should feel like what rare steak feels like when pressing the surface of the steak. For medium-rare use your middle finger to your thumb. For medium, touch your fourth finger to your thumb. For well-done, touch your pinky to your thumb.
- Rest the steak for 10 minutes on a cutting board. Slice, then serve.
Make sure to watch Tasty’s video below for all 7 amazing recipes!