The leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler. Fall is officially here! Get in the Fall spirit with this easy slow cooker recipe.
Slow-Cooker Applesauce And Apple Butter
- 12 red apples, a combination of Gala, Honeycrisp, and McIntosh
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel and roughly dice the apples, removing the cores.
- Add the apples to a slow cooker with the water, salt, and cinnamon sticks, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Uncover and remove the cinnamon sticks. Using an immersion blender, blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Scoop out half of the applesauce and enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- To the remaining applesauce, add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low, stirring halfway through.
People who tried the recipe out loved it! FUNNY SMS said “I just made this recipe for Apple butter. I started yesterday with peeling cutting and starting it in the crock pot.. all I want to say is OMG IT IS SO GOOD. I’m canning it as I write this..thk you for all you do”
See what all the fuss is about in the video below!