The men in our lives work so hard to take care of the family! This Father’s Day, treat him to breakfast in bed to show your appreciation. Tasty has put together an AMAZINGLY sweet recipe for berry-stuffed french toast.
- 1 cup (125 g) raspberry
- 1 cup (125 g) blackberry
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon black raspberry liqueur
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices brioche bread
- ½ cup (120 mL) whole milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons black raspberry liqueur
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup (120 mL) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Make the filling: Add the raspberries, blackberries, black raspberry liqueur, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to a large bowl. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes for the berries to macerate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and remaining tablespoon of maple syrup until smooth.
- Spread the filling evenly over the 4 slices of bread. Arrange some of the berries on 2 slices of the bread and top with the other slices of bread. Press to seal the pieces together.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk, egg, black raspberry liqueur, and salt.
- Melt the butter on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat. Quickly dip both sides of the bread pockets in the milk mixture, then transfer to the pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the maple syrup and continue beating until the cream holds medium peaks.
- Serve the stuffed French toast with a dollop of maple whipped cream and a scoop of macerated berries with their soaking liquid.
Bring out that serving tray and let him kick his feet up!