Look no further for the perfect Halloween punch! Would you go over to a friends house and drink a dirty fishbowl? Well, that’s exactly what you’re asking your guests to do! Granted it’s made of candy and juice and is delicious.n
- ½ C. small pearl tapioca (this makes the rocks and fish eggs)
- Green, yellow and blue food coloring
- 4 T. sugar
- Club Soda (or your favorite carbonated beverage)
- Gummy fish or Swedish fish
- Green licorice (for the seaweed)
- Fishbowl (or punch bowl, large glass bowl or pitcher)
- Spoon with holes or funnel
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a small cup of white pearl tapioca.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick together.
- Divide tapioca mixture evenly between two bowls.
- In one bowl add 2 drops of green food coloring and 2 drops of yellow.
- In the other bowl add 4 drops of blue.
- To each bowl, we’re going to add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir that until sugar dissolves.
- Let bowls sit undisturbed and uncovered for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes you drain the water off the tapioca and keep running cold water over it until it runs clear.
- You end up with these really neat, touchy-feely frog eyes. You’re going to spoon that into your fish bowl or you can make mini-aquariums with a glass.
- Now for seaweed. Cut a green apple licorice stick partially through.
- Get a few Swedish fish wet and stick them to the side of the bowl.
- Mix lemonade and a lemon-lime soda until the water is the right type of “murky” you’re looking for.
Make sure to watch the video below for step by step instructions!