Maybe the kids are asking for something sweet or maybe you want a cool treat for yourself, either way, this 5-minute ice cream recipe is perfect!
Making ice cream at home can be a chore. But this super easy and simple recipe doesn’t even need an ice cream churner! Jerry James Stone posted this amazing video giving a step by step of how to make your own ice cream!
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rock salt
- 2 ziplock bags (one smaller than the other)
- Add 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to a mixing cup and stir until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a small zipper bag (high quality). You’ll be shaking the bag vigorously for 5 minutes and you dont want it to open in the process!
- Take the larger ziplock bag and fill with a couple handfuls of ice and about half of the rock salt.
- Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag. Cover it with more ice and rock salt.
- Now the fun part! And, what better way to earn your ice cream than a few minutes of exercise. Wrap the bag in a towel, because it is cold, and shake it for 5 minutes or until the liquid in the smaller bag turns into ice cream.
- You can scoop it out but honestly, just eat it out of the bag. It is easier.
And that’s it! Enjoy your cold treat on any hot summer day.