Summer is almost upon us! Here is an awesome recipe to cook up for your next get together with family or friends! A twist on the classic chili dog!
- 8 buns hot dog bun
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, grated
- 15 oz (425 g) chili, with or without beans
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9×13 inch baking dish, then cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges.
- Push down on the bread cut-out and compact this portion of the bun tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one.
- Slide the hot dog snugly on top of the chili, then top with more chili.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese, is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
- Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dogs boats along their connected seems to serve.
Make sure to check out Tasty for the other cheap and easy dinner ideas! Tasty.com