So you just forget about your bananas and by the tie you remember they’re in your fruit bowl, they have become overly ripe. The BuzzFeed affiliate Tasty is back at it with a new video detailing four amazing recipes to use up those bananas.
The first recipe on the list is Banana Brownies. These brownies look amazing! If you don’t want to make these brownies from scratch, you can also you a premixed box from your local grocery store! I removed the peanut butter to adjust for a peanut allergy in my home.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (95 g) flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas
- add the sugar, ½ cup of butter, and vanilla
- whisk until combined
- Next, add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder
- whisk until thoroughly mixed together
- With the reserved butter, grease a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking tray
- Take the unused cocoa powder and dust every side of the baking tray
- Finally, pour batter into prepared baking dish
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when the pan is shaken
- Make sure to let brownies cool all the way down before cutting and serving them up
For all four amazing recipes watch the video below and check out Tasty’s website for the complete original recipe.