The banana split is one of the most iconic ice cream deserts around. Who doesn’t love the trio of ice cream flavors?
With Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry mixing together with fudge and of course a split banana, there really isn’t anyone around who won’t find something they like about it!
Banana Split Ice Cream Pie
- 12 waffle cones
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 pt (950 g) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 pt (950 g) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pt (950 g) strawberry ice cream, softened
- whipped cream, for serving
- chopped peanut, for serving
- maraschino cherry, for serving
- chocolate syrup, for serving
- Break the waffle cones into pieces and add to a food processor. Pulse until medium crumbs form.
- Pour in the melted butter, and pulse for another 20 seconds until the butter is incorporated.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan and press down with a spatula into an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the crust.
- Scoop the chocolate ice cream over the bananas and spread in an even layer. Freeze for 20 minutes. Repeat with the strawberry ice cream, then freeze for another 20 minutes. Add the vanilla ice cream, then freeze for 1 hour.
- Release the springform, and slice the cake. Top each slice with whipped cream, chopped peanuts, a cherry, and chocolate syrup.
And that’s it! Now eat up and enjoy.