Cooking after work may sometimes feel like a chore, but it doesn’t have to be! Skip the drive-through line and check out these great recipes from Health Nut Nutrition!
Creamy Chickpea Curry
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Cook Time 8 minutes
- Serves 2 to 3
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 can (19 oz/540ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Toss in the curry powder, coriander, cumin, paprika and chili if using. Stir and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk and stir. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss in the spinach. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve on it’s own or with cooked quinoa or brown rice.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Make sure to watch the video below for all four options!